MailboxLogParser works with Exchange ActiveSync mailbox logs to help support engineers debug issue.
MailboxLogParser works with Exchange ActiveSync mailbox logs
to perform four main tasks:
- Display a quick table view of the summary data with the raw data in a preview pane for quick navigation of mailbox logs
- Generate CSV output with a table containing rows of summary and analysis data for each mailbox log entry in all loaded mailbox logs
- Merge multiple mailbox logs into a single log file and summary table format. Logs from different mailboxes can be merged into a single view or overlapping logs from the same mailbox can be combined into a single view.
Four key components of a revamped UI layout:
- Simplified buttons for basic actions.
- Sortable grid for quickly navigating through mailbox log summary rows
- Searching raw mailbox log data for strings
- Click on a mailbox log summary row to view raw log data in the preview pane
Four buttons on the menu to perform basic tasks
- Import and merge multiple mailbox logs into a single view. Can merge logs taken from the same mailbox over time and/or merge logs from different mailboxes into the same timeline.
- Export merged logs into a single mailbox log file in the same format used by Exchange for easy reloading and sharing.
- Export the mailbox log summary grid into a CSV file for further analysis in Excel.
Mailbox Log Entry Summary Column Definitions
The following are a list of the summary columns displayed in the grid and exported to CSV:Name
- The log entry "name". Typically a number parsed from the first section of the log, "Log Entry: 0".RequestTime
- Time the request hit the Exchange server.ServerName
- The Exchange server name.AssemblyVersion
- The Exchange version.MailboxName
- The "User" query string value if present in the request.Identifier
- Section value from the mailbox log entry.WasPending
- Section value from the mailbox log entry.AccessState
- Section value from the mailbox log entry. Typically "Allowed" or "Blocked".AccessStateReason
- Section value indicating why the device was blocked.DeviceAccessControlRule
- Section value from the mailbox log entry.ResponseTime
- Time the server responded to the client.Command
- The "Cmd" query string value if present in the request.UserAgent
- Request header value from the mailbox log entry.ProtocolVersion
- The "MS-ASProtocolVersion" header value from the mailbox log entry.HttpStatus
- The HTTP status response header from the mailbox log entry.Status
- The top line status value in the response body.StatusDefinition
- A summary definition of the status value based on the information in the EAS protocol documentation.ExceptionInfo
- The first line of any Exception information noted in the mailbox log entry.RoundTripSeconds
- Difference in seconds between the request time and response time if both have values in the mailbox log entry.RequestBodyLength
- Number of characters in the request body in the mailbox log entry.ResponseBodyLength
- Number of characters in the response body in the mailbox log entry.